Photographer Mattias Klum from National Geographic gets close and personal with a lion.
Big giant loud ass lump in my throat I just swallowed I think it sank into my gut.
Anonymous asked: Why are many piercers hesitant to post their prices online?
Because just saying a piercing costs $X doesn’t fully explain what you get for your money. Let’s break it down.
- Has a medical grade autoclave that cost thousands of dollars. And they pay hundreds of dollars to have it tested and monitored to make sure it works correctly.
- Attends training conferences and/or completed a quality apprenticeship to be sure you are getting pierced safely. Understands anatomy, cross contamination, sterilization, aftercare, and troubleshooting.
- Uses only high quality jewelry to be sure you won’t have an allergic reaction to cheap materials. Takes the time to explain your options and gets you the best possible fit for your anatomy and lifestyle.
- Performs your piercing with a quality technique to be sure you have a healthy and happy piercing. Understands the theories behind the piercing you selected, and knows how to explain the aftercare best suited for it.
- Charges $75 for their services
- Bought 100 belly barbells out of the back of a magazine. Not sure what its made of or who made it, but hey its cheap.
- Totally “certified”, not sure by who. Can’t verify any training, you don’t see any training certificates anywhere. Asked how long they’ve been piercing and they said “years”. A tattooer friend showed them everything they need to know.
- Didn’t tell you how to clean it, but that’s ok. You already have peroxide at home. When you called with a problem they told you its probably just infected, and to just put some ointment on it.
- The clamps hurt pretty bad, and it bled a lot. Its pretty straight though, if you look at it just the right way.
- Only charges $30!! What a deal!
See where I’m getting at? When you ask someone how much a piercing costs online you’re not comparing something static like the same shoe at different stores. I don’t like to answer price questions online because its part of a greater conversation. So how about instead of asking how much something costs, you ask what you get for your money.
It’s Gwen!This coming Sunday will be Vaughn Body Arts’ one year anniversary.
Gwen was one of our customers on opening day, she had her lip frenulum (smiley) pierced. Here it is after an upgrade to a rose gold fixed bead ring, just days shy of being a year old.
We also switched out the gems on her healed anatometal flat surface bar piercing Cody did two years ago (close up to show how nice and flat it still sits). The graduating sized Champagne gems look great.
Thank you Gwen!
APP member Luis Garcia, showing off his stunning new septum jewelry.
Best septum jewelry ever.
Agreed. It’s about time somebody stepped up the septum game.
Amanda stopped in for 3rd lobe piercings and a nostril piercing.
She picked out a gorgeous set of anatometal princess cut threaded ends in graduating sizes for her lobes.
The combination of Blue Zircon, Lavender and CZ looks incredible.
Thank you, Amanda!
Did you know we have the largest selection of the highest quality body jewelry in all of Monterey County?
We constantly have new items arriving every couple of weeks, such as these stunning pieces from anatometal.
18k yellow gold Plumeria threaded ends, and 18k yellow gold prong set threaded ends with genuine diamonds.
These look amazing in lobes, cartilage and nostril piercings.
Swing by and treat yourself to the best.
We pierced her philtrum back in January. It’s all healed, jewelry snugged up and her anatometal white opal is looking fantastic on her.
Great job, Phoebe!
i am laughing with delight like a small school child.
Okay okay okay, here they are, the AMAZING pieces from BVLA I spent months saving and waiting for!! These beauties are frickin ridiculous, and I am completely in love. I think for my very first set of solid gold jewelry, I chose pretty well, yeah?
In my nostrils: 4mm synthetic Purple Opals set in solid 14 karat Rose Gold “Crown” settings. These 14g ends are threaded into the 4g implant-grade steel plugs I had custom made by Anatometal.
In my philtrum: 8mm (yes, 8 whole mm’s) synthetic Purple Opal set in a solid 14 karat Rose Gold “Crown” setting. Again this is a 14g threaded piece on a custom made implant-grade steel disk back labret from Anatometal.
Also peeking out from the side: more synthetic Purple Opals from Anatometal and NeoMetal, and Rose Gold plated small “Knuckle” weights from Diablo Organics.
Have we mentioned how much we love big, beautiful organic jewelry?
"Lotus Ring" by mayajewelry.
We have an entire case filled with beautiful, hand carved wood jewelry from Maya. Everything from small and petite to big and bold.
Come swing by and have a look.
Page 1 of 58